Simple Macaroons – A Celebratory Passover Dessert. When celebrating with family, there is nearly nothing better than passing a light and sweet dessert around the table. These Simple Macaroons are crisp, dipped in decedent chocolate and a completely scrumptious option for celebrating Passover. (Culinary.net)
Watch video to see how to make this recipe!
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/4 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups shredded coconut
- 5 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In bowl, whisk egg. Add honey, vanilla, lemon zest and salt; whisk. Stir in coconut until completely coated with egg mixture.
- Using 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop, make 15 balls, transferring each to parchment-lined baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- Bake macaroons 10-12 minutes, rotating halfway through, until coconut starts to brown on edges.
- Transfer sheet to wire rack and let cool.
- Before serving, drizzle with melted chocolate or dip bottom sides of macaroons in melted chocolate to cover bases. Refrigerate 15 minutes to set.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?