Make Your St. Patrick’s Day Spread Green with Envy with St. Patrick’s Day Sandwiches. Freshen up your St. Patrick’s Day menu with easy, light sandwiches inspired by the traditional color of the festivities. These open-faced noshes can be perfect for lunch, snack time or even as an appetizer for get-togethers with friends and family.
Layered with a smooth cream cheese and mozzarella mixture then topped with crisp cucumber and a stem of green bell pepper, these St. Patrick’s Day Sandwiches are easy and cute, which makes them a fan favorite at nearly any green gathering. They’re also sprinkled with lemon juice to add a little acidity and create a nice, light bite.
The sandwiches pop off the plate with their bright, seasonal garnishes. While sure to attract attention and have your loved ones asking “Where did you get this idea?” they’re also an easy way to sneak a few vegetables into your kids’ diets.
Watch video to see how to make this recipe!
Yield: 8 sandwiches
- 8 ounces plain cream cheese spread, softened
- 1 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 English muffins
- 24 slices cucumber
- 8 thin slices green pepper
- fresh cilantro leaves
- lemon juice
- lemon slices, for garnish (optional)
- In bowl, mix cream cheese spread, mozzarella cheese and salt well.
- Split English muffins in half. Cut each muffin half into shamrock shape.
- Spread cheese mixture over each muffin half.
- Place three cucumbers on each “shamrock,” one on each “leaf.” Use green pepper slice as stem. Place cilantro leaf on top of each sandwich.
- Sprinkle sandwiches with lemon juice and add lemon slices, for garnish, if desired.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?