Hearty and satisfying, this Chicken and Wild Rice Soup can bring everyone together for a warm, soothing meal, while Cheesy Turkey Chili Mac makes for familiar fare enjoyed by adults and kids alike. For a rich, creamy, one-dish dinner solution, Pasta and Chicken in Garlic Cream Sauce require less than 45 minutes of kitchen duty, making it an ideal weeknight family-favorite.
Cheesy Turkey Chili Mac
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chili peppers
- 1 2/3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces (about 1 3/4 cups) elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup 2 percent or whole milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 3/4 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Place oil in a removable pan of the programmable pressure cooker. Place pan in the pressure cooker. Using saute function, heat oil until hot. Add turkey and onion. Cook, uncovered, about 5 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink, stirring to break up. Press cancel.
- Stir in beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, broth, chili powder, garlic salt, and pepper. Stir in macaroni. Secure lid and set pressure release to sealing function. Select the high-pressure setting and cook for 5 minutes.
- Allow pressure to release naturally for 2 minutes. Move pressure release to venting function to release any remaining steam. Remove lid.
- Stir macaroni mixture. Whisk together milk and flour. Stir into macaroni mixture. Using saute function, cook and stir, uncovered, 1-2 minutes, or until boiling. Press cancel.
- Stir cheese into macaroni mixture until melted. Ladle into serving bowls. Spoon dollops of yogurt or sour cream on top.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?